Sunday, November 21, 2010

November Circle Challenge

The challenge this month was to make a home decor item that included at least one Cricut cut, an addition of something made with another PC product such as the Yudu, Your Story, Cuttlebug etc. Also to use felt and the color green. Here is my entry for the challenge.

The frame is from a discount store. It has ribbed - glass mat so you see the stand through the glass...don't like that so well for photographing.
I cut vinyl on my Cricut using the Heritage cart for the word "Family" at 1.75". The frame in green and black shadow were cut using the Cricut and the Christmas Cards cart at 4.5" x 5". The flowers are made with the new Cuttlebug Quilling sets, I loved using these sets...so fun and the possibilities are endless!! I sprayed the flowers with adhesive and glittered them. The leaves were cut in black felt using the leaf dies from the Quilling set..I had to shim up the stack with a bit of paper to cut the felt right through but the cuts are very crisp!! I added a metal stip from MM that I alcohol inked (Tim Holtz) using the colors Black and Lettuce. I used tulle and ribbon to drape the frame. I love how my project turned out. The people in the picture are my handsome son, John and his beautiful girlfriend, Alicia.

1 comment: