Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cricut Circle Community Challenge - Use your carts

I, like many of the die-hard Cricut fans have neglected lonely carts sitting in boxes or on shelves that have never been used.  One of our Circle sisters came up with this challenge... Use a cart a week.  Brilliant idea!!  I'll play!!  This is a card made for week 1 using Sophie.  I love this Circle exclusive cart, one of the best ones IMHO.  


                                       Super fast and easy cards using Sophie.


Card open showing cut-out.
Card closed.

















   I used American Crafts's City Park paper and off white Autumn Leaves cardstock for this card. The image from Sophie cut 2 x,  once on cardstock,  second on printed paper @ 4.75".  I stamped,  using Momento black ink,  a Hampton Arts Happy Birthday stamp on the cut-out from the cardstock.  I glued this stamped piece on top of the cut-out from the printed paper.  I lined this up on the card base making sure it was centered in the window, this made up the inside of my card.
 For the front of the card I carefully attatched the printed paper cut out to the cut out window.  I added buttons from Basic Grey and some twine from the Twinery. Voila!!  Easy!!  I think that you could use these instuctions for hundreds of quick and easy cards using most of Cricut`s cut-out type card cuts .  Thank you for droping in on me today.

                                             Have fun crafting!  Big Hugs, Colleen




1 comment: