Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Canvas Paperbag Mini

Hi Everyone,
 It has been sometime since I posted so I thought I'd share some of what I've been crafting. This is a mini that I made for my husband. He was quite impressed which made me happy!  The canvas-covered paper bag album is not my design but something I learned from watching Laura Denison's You tube videos. She is the mini album Queen!! Here is a link to her video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcsKl87Ryg
The rest of the album is all from my imagination!!  I had fun using all the different applications, elements and symbolism . So here it is!!







Fun eh?  To list all I used making this mini would take a lot of thought but I will try.
 The paper I used is from DCWV  Tattered Time and misc cardstock. I used raw canvas for the cover which I covered with Gesso and then painted black and gold. The album consists of 8 paper bags.  I used my Cricut for most of the die cuts. Most cuts are from French Manor and Ornamental Iron. The 2 stick-pins on the cover I made myself with corsage pins and beads.Of course the Tim Holtz stamped images, inks, dies, coupons and charms added a lot to my album. Lace, chipboard shapes, brads, metal embellishments and some wood stamped images and adhesives from my stash. I even ran the packaging from one of my Cricut cartridges through my Cuttlebug and used it in this album. Now to get the pictures in!!
       I can't wait to make my next mini.....a girly one next time!!
   Thanks for taking the time to check out my project. Have a great day, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment